Posts

Showing posts from April, 2018

Wrap Skirt

Image
My Lovely model Sara in Chinese brocade Wrap-Skirt.  This is the skirt I made in the first episode of the Norwegian sewing bee, and it was a perfect fit for Sara 💖






The top is an Earlier Project based on BurdaStyle Special pattern #0010 05/2013. It is made of stretchy chiffon and decorated with sequin-ribbon around the neck. 

The pattern of the skirt is made by Anne Lise Tollefsen  who designed all the patterns for the TV show.







Wrap Dress

Image
I'm very Happy with my Wrap Dress! 😊 I bought one length of the fabric with the printed picture, but I realize it was not so easy to squeeze out all the parts for this dress!
Therefore I decided to combine it with a striped jersey of the same quality. I have used it with the wrong side out since the print were grey instead of black. I added split at the bottom of the sleeves, so it's easy to pull it up. Instead of having the belt loose, as in the pattern, I inserted it to the dress, and think it was a good choice.
"Start spreading the news I am leaving today
I want to be a part of it
New York, New York" Frank Sinatra




Burdastyle pattern #103 02/2018

Asymmetric Top

Image
I love trying out new patterns, and this was no exception, even though I think it's a bit "Crazy", but I had to give it a try 😜

I was lucky to find this  great jersey at krestoffer which I like very much!

It was easy to sew the top, but I was not so happy about the neck. Therefore I made bias underneath and I feel it's better now :)








Burdastyle pattern #107 02/2018


Gepard Jersey Top

Image
This is a pattern I have used several times because I like it so much! 😊 It's very easy to sew with the batwing sleeves.

The belt at the waist is very long, but it's a great detail.

The pattern is from BurdaStyle Special 5/2013.

If you like you can see Another version
I have made earlier.








BurdaStyle Special #001 5/2013




Statement Jacket

Image
This is one of my test jacket for the Sewing
Bee.

The challenge was to make a statement jacket similar to the jackets Beatles had on the cover of the St. Pepper album.

I found a carnival pattern from BurdaStyle 01/2006 which I thought was great.

Instead of using decoration band in front where the buttons is placed, I made paspel- opening, but closed them with a bit fabric underneath.

I think it's a nice shape of the jacket with the longer peplum at the back.













Jersey Top

Image
Vintage fabric is awesome! This is an easy top to make, but the details around the neck makes it special. The upper layer is gathered, and since I have used jersey I had to pay attention. At the end of the sleeves I have used rubber-band. - and yeah, it was a little cold outside! 😜


Burdastyle Pattern #108 02/2018