Showing posts from June, 2024

Maxi Dress!

What more can I wish then a comfy maxi dress for summer ☼ I have used jersey, and that makes it very easy to wear :) I have cut the upper front- and back parts.  I have used vliseline for the facing. The facing are sewn around the neck,  and I have stitched very close to the seam so it will stay in place. The upper part is connected to the skirt. The dress is finished. Pattern is from a norwegian sewing magazine. 

Dress for a Baby-Girl 🦊

This is a pattern I have tried earlier, but I tnink it's very cute for a baby girl. I have used white jersey as facing for the dress. The dress is very cute with the drawstring at the front. The dress has openings at the shoulders with buttons so it’s easy to take off and on. The arm holes have rubber band at the side seams. Pattern from BurdaStyle 06/2005

Flowers for Summer ☼

I think this will be one of my favorite dresses this summer! I found the beautiful fabric in Copenhagen,  and it's a combination of linen and viscose. I have made Another Dress of the same pattern ealier. The front part is sewn together with the front side parts. I had to stitch the belt together first, and then fasten it at the back part. Then I stitched the back-side parts together with the middle part. The sleeves are finished with cuffs and rubber-band at the end. I'm very happy with the outcome😊 The dress is gathered at the shoulders and at the back side-parts. BurdaStyle pattern #107 05/2021

Origami Tote Bag Vortex !

My lovely model is holding the Tote bag we had as a prize. I draw the line for the origami pattern first.  I made the pleats where it's going to be folded. You have to make the pleats carfully - - so it will be on the right place. I'm making the pleats all around the front of the pattern. The insert is around 8 cm. The pattern is growing.. Since the pattern is crossing you need to cut it apart  before cutting it in fabric. This is the front part when it's folded together. This is how it looks like on the wrong side. This is the back part and the innerpart of the tote bag. You have to sew one, and another pleat in place at the time. The front part is finished. I have stitched the inner part in place  and the back part together with the front part.