Posts

Showing posts from July, 2021

Jersey Wrap Dress!

Image
A Wrap-dress is great for any occasions! I made this dress for my good friend πŸ’• We were looking for a nice fabric for a summer dress and found this lovely pastel jersey at  Krestoffer.dk . I think it's very delicate and reminds me of candy. This is an easy pattern from BurdaStyle issue 03/2021. I think my friend looks lovely in her new dress, and that it suits her very well. BurdaStyle pattern #110 03/2021

Butterflies for Summer πŸ¦‹

Image
This is a lovely jersey with colorful Butterflies! I decided to make a dress for this sweet girl πŸ’– She knew how the dress should look like, so I have combine two different BurdaStyle patterns. The dress has rubberband both around the neck, sleeves and waist. She wanted to have a dress with wide neck,  but I had to use rubberband to make it stay in place. She like very much to bicycle, and she is enjoying the wonderful view!   I have combine these BurdaStyle patterns.

Wide Flower Dress 🌸

Image
Usually I don't like wide dresses, but I was curious about the pattern and wanted to give it a try! I am supprised how the dress turned out, and that I really enjoy wearing it! I have used viscose fabric and it's floating good and are delicious to wear. I started with sewing the sleeves to the upper front and back part before I made the tie at the neck.  Then I made the skirt with the gathering and sew it together with the top.      Since the hem sleeve has a rubberband it's easy to push it up. The skirt is very wide and it's a great dress for dancing!  BurdaStyle pattern #104 07/21

Wide Neck Top!

Image
I'm always curious to try out new patterns when I receive my BurdaStyle issue for the month! I found this crazy jersey in my stash and thought it would be a good choice for the top. Since I don't like when the top is falling down on my shoulders  I made straps to fit on top of the bra-straps. BurdaStyle #114 / #115 04/2021 

Cotton Heron Dress!

Image
A new Heron Dress from The Sewing Revival 🌸 I had to make a Heron dress of a light weight cotton fabric as well. This was better, especially with the gathering at the neck. This time I decided to use a tie for the neckline instead of a rubberband. I did the same at the waistline of the backpart, and used a rubberband  and stitched the tie at the side seams. The dress had also pockets at the side seams.  I have pulled the rubberband through the tunnel of the waistline, then sew the the belt to the side seam before sewing the side-seams together. The sleeves have rubberband at the biceps. The neck is gathering with a tie through a tunnel. It's always good to have side-pockets in the dress :) Pattern from the Sewing Revival