I had to practice to make a Bride Dress for the Final assignment for the Sewing Bee.
I have used satin for the dress, and for the body I have used a layer of lace fabric on the top.
To make it a bit special I chose to use another color as lining, and I made the lining approx 5 cm longer than the skirt of the dress.
I think the back of the top is very neath with the v-neck.
This is the original which I was going to sew in the competition.
As you can see of the picture I decided to use a very nice silk satin for the dress.
The lace is transparent and perfect for the top.
I have used the neon satin as a little detail of the back of the shoulders and also as lining for the skirt.
I cut the lining a bit longer than the skirt so you can see it at the hem.
Since it is neon it's also shining through the white skirt, and I think it makes it very nice.