Pea Coat

I wanted to make a red coat 
and I knew I had some great wool in my stash..
I couldn't wait until I got hold of the December issue, 
so I bought the pdf pattern on BurdaStyle. 

Anyway, I start the project before new year's eve,
and finish it today, so now I'm very HAPPY :-)

 I wanted to use big black buttons, but since I didn't have any,
I had to make cover buttons with black lightweight jersey, 
which I thought was perfect for the mission.
I also used press buttons covered with red fabric, 
and I choose to use red lining as well.

As you can see the pdf-pattern has a lot of papers to put together, 
so I had to be patience..


  1. It looks gorgeous and the black buttons are a very stylish detail.

    1. It makes me happy to hear :) Thank you very much Sonja!

  2. Wow Ellen, this coat is gorgeous! The fit is so nice and the color is great for you. Love the idea of the press buttons, so you did not have to make any buttonholes . Love it!

    1. Thanks sweet Camelia! This pattern is great :)

  3. Fantastisk flott kåpa og den nydelige rødfargen💓

  4. Fantastisk flott kåpa og den nydelige rødfargen💓


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lace Blouse

50's Dress

Incredible journey...


"Puzzle" Dress

Colorblock Collection!

Fancy Pockets

Part 2. 3rd Ep.Sewing Bee

Preview 1st Episode